***PLEASE NOTE: This information should be treated as a guideline and will not prevent chargebacks***
The outcome of the chargeback case is completely reliant on the information the merchant can provide us. The more information provided, the higher the chances of winning the chargeback case.
As chargebacks are not preventable we have listed some measures that could help reduce the amount of cases that are lost:
- Upon arrival or before the service is provided, take a copy of the customer’s ID and get them to sign beside the photocopy.
- Always communicate with the customer and try open a dialogue with them
- If possible, try to verify the card details that were used at the time of the booking. The merchant receives the first 6 and last 4 digits of the card.
- Complete order forms, especially those outlining special requests.
- Regular communication logs between the merchant and the customer before and after the product/service has been received.
- Prove the cardholder received the product/service by taking photos, social media posts and tag them, etc.)